Sunday, September 7, 2008

Joining Forces by Sean S

On a crowded beach in France, agent 007, James Bond, is vacationing. As he is enjoying his time in the beautiful foreign country he crosses paths with a teenage boy wearing glasses and a lightning bolt shaped scar on his head. The two begin talking about how nice the beach and weather had been, and that developed into a more in depth conversation.

“I’m Harry Potter by the way.” Said the teenage boy

“The name’s Bond, James Bond.”

“What brings you to this part of the world?” asked Harry
James contemplates whether to trust the boy and tell him the truth about him being a secret agent of if he should lie.

“Umm…” James hesitated. There was something about Harry though that James trusted him.
“I’m here on vacation, but I’m a secret agent, and I’ve been chasing a criminal by the name of Blofeld, I’ve been hoping to find him here.” James told Harry

Normally after being told something like that you are either going to laugh or be startled. Harry instead just nodded his head and said “Hmm…” with an inquisitive look on his face. “I too am here hoping to find a criminal, except I’m a wizard and I’m looking for an evil wizard from my world.”

Harry had said his last statement too seriously for James to think he was telling him anything but the truth. And the fact that Harry had believed him when James told him about his job. “There really is another world of magic?” asked James, very surprised.

“Of course there is. You didn’t think that all the unexplainable things that happen are really unexplainable could you?”

“Hmm… well that would make sense.”

“Perhaps if you need help catching this Blofeld character I could be of some assistance?”

“If you wouldn’t mind, that would be a big help.”

“Of course I don’t mind, I’d say you could help me as well but without being a wizard you would be overmatched.”
“Well I appreciate your help. I suppose I could cut my vacation a little short and get a head start on catching Blofeld!”

“Sounds good to me!” exclaimed Harry

“Great! Let’s get started then!”

James and Harry took off by foot to headquarters to find Blofeld.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I- I liked how the story was just about meeting him and advising a plan for the 2 of them to work together. that way you can come up with your own thoughts about what happens next.
II- The conversation between both of them seemed really real, because they were both talking about trying to find someone and they could both relate.
III- my favorite part of the story is...Normally after being told something like that you are either going to laugh or be startled. Harry instead just nodded his head and said “Hmm…” with an inquisitive look on his face. Because I liked how you put in what most people would react after being told that.
IV- I really liked you vocab. one thing is you could maybe but in who was saying the lines because once they got talking it went really fast and sometimes got confusing as to who said what.
V- I would just put in who said what after some of the lines. just so that you could keep them straight and not get too confused.

Anonymous said...

The story was action adventure. The charters find trust in each other very quick which rarely happens. The story give you a since of adventure and two guys coming together to take it together.

The character didn’t really seem to be real but the writer played it off enough to give the feel they were somewhat real. The conversation was great and detailed enough to give you a picture of what was happening.

I like when the charters had enough trust to tell each other who they really were. Like when the writer writes “And the fact that Harry had believed him when James told him about his job.” It shows the characters believed one anther and trusted each other. Even though they only knew each other only a couple minutes.

The essay was over all good. There wasn’t really much wrong with this writing. It was fluent and the grammar seemed to be great.

The advice I would give you is to try to make the characters feel more like real people. Other then that nice job.